Mike and Dave answer your questions about how to get programs going at your parish, how to share the gospel with fallen-away family members, and how to invest in Catholic evangelism as well as catechesis when funds are short.
Snippet from the Show
“You have a mission as a layperson ... To not proclaim Jesus Christ and just wait for a priest to do it is a fundamental corruption to your baptismal dignity. Christ is inviting you on this mission. You don’t need anyone else’s permission.”
- “My priest isn’t into evangelization, what do I do?”
- “I have three children, none are truly evangelized, except my oldest daughter who is now evangelical, but ‘at least she has Jesus.’”
- “I am a DRE who got caught up in the catechesis game. I now want to invest in evangelism, but am at a poor parish.”
- Christifideles Laici, Chapter 3
- The Great Adventure Bible Studies
- No Greater Love by Edward Sri
- The Life of Christ by Rev. Fulton Sheen
- To Know Christ Jesus by Frank Sheed
- Radical Communities by Michael Gormley
- Redeemer of Man by Pope St. John Paul II
- Catechesi Tradendae, 19-20
5 Practical Tips:
- Kerygma: Refresh yourself on what the kerygma is and isn’t.
- Community: Meet up for Eucharistic Adoration and drinks.
- Reading: Jesus Shock by Peter Kreeft.
- Intercession: Pray a decade of the Rosary every day for clergy who need conversion.
- Lent: Don’t let Lent pass you by, be intentional! Prayerfully consider what God wants from you this Lent. Take an hour and figure it out.